Location: Blantyre, Malawi (Full time)
As a Network and Security Engineer, you will be responsible for the internal and global infrastructure, managing and securing our clients’network, servers and firewalls.
In this key position, you will act as the main point of contact to internal users on business projects, providing best in class support on all IT related topics, such as maintenance, access management, VM provisioning etc.
- University degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a similar or related position
- Solid understanding of Operating systems (Excellent Linux and Windows server skills)
- Solid understanding of computer programming (fluency in Python is a necessity and any other language is an added advantage)
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in IDS/IP and SIEM technologies
- Solid knowledge of SQL and PaaS solutions such as Docker will be an added advantage
Desired Personal Skills
- You are an IT professional with rigorous approach, willing to take the lead on all System & Network related activities. You are rigorous and organized, at ease with multitasking requirements.
- You have effective communication skills and a strong customer orientation with curiosity and a problem-solving mindset.
- Burning desire to learn and research with minimal supervision
- Very passionate about information security and self-driven
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities using different SIEM platforms and Anti-Fraud solutions
- Research, analyze and understand log sources utilized for the purpose of security monitoring, particularly security and networking devices (such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, proxies, and operating systems)
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration of the SIEM/Log Management platforms
- Support day to day event parsing and repairing of events that have missing or incorrect information, create log source extensions, and flow management
- Perform all administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to SIEM and next generation anti-fraud solution
- Creates and develops correlation and detection rules, utilizing Regex, within SIEM and anti-fraud solutions
- Creation of technically detailed reports on the status of the SIEM/Anti-Fraud Solution to include metrics on items such as number of logging sources; log collection rate, and server performance etc.
- Prepare and present technical briefs to mid-level managers in relation to security incidents.
Qualified candidates to share their Curriculum Vitae before 20th December 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to our headoffice in Blantyre located at Bhana House, Second Floor, Room #11, Along Livingstone Avenue.